Monday, March 03, 2008

What was and is to come

It's been a bit of a roller-coaster weekend, much the same as the last. But like I said, I take it as it comes, unexpectedly and dramatically unfortunately, but one at a time until it clears away. And it doesn't mar my outlook, the future I see is still the same bright one. Gone are the days when such episodes would leave me in quandary and fearful of my (our) prospects. That's right, we're in this together, for better or for worse. But still there is always regret at the end of things; that I wasn't a better person, that so much time was wasted, that too much sorrow was expanded. Always the regret, too late.

*****

I'm looking forward to dinner with old friends tomorrow, there's much to catch up on. It doesn't always go swimmingly though. Sometimes it feels distant, like we have nothing left in common, and then other times like when I connect with her marvelously enigmatic little princess, it is decidedly satisfying. So we'll see. That we even bother to make the (monumental) effort to have these rare meet ups now that all of us have gone our separate ways, says something of the bond we share.

*****

I have a date on Friday! Or Saturday, depends on when a game of grown men kicking around an inflated spherical object will be :p I worry though that we will have nothing to say to each other and not because we are tongue-tied and nervous, it's too late for that (but aw, wouldn't that be sweet?). It's funny because when I see others chatting away a mile a minute, I always wonder what it is they find so much to talk about. But we? We hold hands and blow kisses silently when no one is looking :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I always wonder what it is they find so much to talk about. But we? We hold hands and blow kisses silently when no one is looking."

Awwww... that is just so sweet. :D