Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Dance school graduate

So we’ve graduated and moved on to the next level.

Funnily enough, the students remaining have become instantly friendlier, as if we are suddenly bound together by our supposed seriousness of intent. That’s nice, since it had been my biggest problem so far, having joined the class on my own unaccompanied. In fact they’ve become so familiar that they demand to know what my excuse could possibly be not to go out dancing with them! My, my, what a vast difference.

I also notice a subtle but distinct change in the way the instructor interacts and instructs us. He’s exercising a firmer hand now, has upped his expectations of our performance and takes a bit more time to give some individual comments and pointers. He’s able to do all this now also because the class has been reduced by almost half what it was previously. And surprisingly enough it now has an equal number of guys and girls, so no one is left without a partner at any time.

I like the change of atmosphere and yes, I really must find time to go out dancing with my new-found (bossy) dance buddies :p.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats there!!! Another mission accomplished eh?!

NQ said...

Thanks! This is a year of many firsts, the rest of which you already know of :)