Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Relax [Take it easy]

The honeymoon period is lasting longer than I expected.

It’s entered its third week now. Occasionally there is stuff to do, proof read this, put together that final proposal, fine tune a write up, review someone’s work; bits and pieces here and there not lasting more than a day each.

The rest of the time is spent chatting; both face-to-face and virtual-ly, surfing, listening to music, writing, and even reading! Free time sure is stressful. No, seriously.

During this freer period I like it when I have just enough ‘easy’ work to occupy approximately 70% of my day. Unfortunately it seems to be all or nothing here. When there’s work, it overflows, and when the opposite is true, the dry spell makes the passage of every second excruciating. It’s when I have work, no matter how tough it is, that I find it easy to come to work. When I know my schedule is empty, the effort to get out of bed is truly monumental.

I’m relaxed, but expectant. Keeping my doggy ears pricked for signs of the next avalanche.

No comments: