Thursday, October 04, 2007

Missives from afar #2

My dearest,

Health update: I’ve gotten over the worse of the sore throat and fever, but now I feel a cough coming on :!

***

I passed my exam! Yay!!! :) I was finished so quick that the admin girl at the testing centre did a triple take. Then she looked and my test score print-out and did another quadruple takes, heh heh!

Since I finished so early I decided to do a preliminary scout of the newly opened Gardens at Mid Valley. First things first, there’s still a lot of construction going on in the area so they’ve put up temporary tents to cover the walkway between MV and Gardens. And to boost the wow factor, the tents are lighted up with chandeliers!

Once you get to the entrance, there are bellboys smartly liveried in green ready to open the doors for customers. Scattered at the street level floor are oversized green sofa’s (recognize a theme here?) which under close inspection are more eye-catching for their super-size then for their elegance. They seem comfortable enough though. And everyone from weary aunties and uncles to foreign workers on their break where lounging in them.

Oohh….and they have touch-screen mall directories. No one seemed interested in them though, but I suspect it’s because they don’t realize it’s not just a LCD display but serves a function as well. The ground floor seems to carry luxury brands and on either end are the anchor tenants, Isetan and Robinsons. It’s good that Isetan has finally opened an outlet closer to PJ.

Alas, I didn’t walk into any shops or venture past the ground floor simply because my behemoth of a laptop was weighing too heavily on my shoulders. However this Saturday when I return to MV to catch a movie, I’ll make it a point to coerce the friends to have a walkabout and perhaps try the food outlets there. Yay!

Good night my love, muah!

No comments: