Saturday, October 13, 2007

Missives from afar #3

My dearest,

As you know my nose decided to turn on the taps today just when I thought I was well on the way to recovery. Being sick for 2 weeks is tiring, the sore throat, fever, phlegm and now flu. Wish I had you here to cook chicken soup for me (and yes I’ll admit coddle me) but it’s also good that you’re not, otherwise you would’ve probably caught it to. It sucks anyway, it musses up plans. I want to get this and that done but instead spend my time lying in bed or on the couch feeling miserable.

I made an appointment for my first (:p) body massage this coming Monday. Went to check out the place yesterday, you know to access its dodginess rating (if at all), and it seems a pretty decent place with its Balinese décor and masseuses clad casually in jeans and pink collared shirts. So I’m looking forward to my two hour pampering treat though I must remember to tell them to go easy on my new collection of mystery bodily bruises, heh.

I’ve been getting along pretty decently, I find myself not counting down the days so much as adding them up, so it’s more of 1 week has passed, 2 weeks has passed instead of 29 days to go, 18 days to go and so on. Am not sure what this means. If anything, boredom will be the death of me, which is why so long as I’ve planned activities and keep myself occupied, I’m actually pretty good. I’ve also gotten into the habit of looking at the time and calculating what time it is in Sydney, heh. And you know what? I dream of that North-South Expressway drive to KLIA, I really like it. I even contemplate taking that drive just for the fun of it, but then I think it’s too silly and I’ll just wait till you return for the excuse to make that road trip again :).

Ooh! I just remembered, my friend gave me a whole bar of chocolates! It’s just the thing for colds :)

Muah! Love you lots hun.

PS. The thing with the delayed or lost sms-es is really annoying, though I’ve begun to accept it, becoming all zen and stuff. But it irks a little anyway especially when our only source of communication is unreliable.

No comments: