Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Thinking

I can never get my head straight enough to write. The moment I feel like writing, my mind takes off in a million different directions rending me effectively paralyzed.

It's the end of a long 4 day weekend and I've put off work I brought home to do which means I've been having Tuesday blues on Monday, heh. Would have easily solved the problem just by doing the work rather than mopping about it eh? Should do a lot of things I put off. Like cleaning the house, like planning The Holiday, like having lunch with ex-colleagues, like visiting the friends new house and a million other things I've avoided.

He said I must not love him anymore. It would seem so wouldn't it, when I come home and am not happy to see him? No smile, no hug. That occured to me to. How can you snap at someone you loved only a moment ago?

I give women a bad name. You couldn't tell from my public face, but honestly the mood swings ( if that is what they are) which only he sees, are whiplash-quick. I find the reason(s) difficult to pin down. I get confused about which was the source and which ones developed or where dredged up as a result of the downward spiral. They just keep compounding, confounding.

I said I needed to think, to figure my behaviour out. But then immediately after that the storm passed and we've spent the past 2 days in blissful peace. Camraderie regained, smiles and hugs all round. Who knows how long it will last? And so it is and has always been.

I'm running out of things to say, reasons or excuses to give, advice to receive, solutions to dream up and try (and forget and abandon it would seem). The love is implicit. So why doesn't it work all the time? What am I doing wrong? What in fact is the matter with me? This is something 3 plus years together hasn't resolved.

I am the luckiest girl in the world. Really. Now how not to screw it up?

No comments: