Thursday, June 23, 2005

Dilemma

I can’t decide.

Should I or shouldn’t I?

I suppose it boils to what I want. And that’s the damn problem!

Urghh.


Why in the world did I start this blog anyway?

Where to begin?


(in no particular order)
1. I always wanted to write (but have always been to lazy)
2. For the fame? (I’m such an idiot)
3. For the adulation? (Idiot with a capital “I”)
4. Ego? (It’s a yes)
5. “If you can, so can I” (What an ass I am)

6. To fulfill my resolution
7. To try be honest, to tell the truth, no embellishments. (“try” being the operative word here)
8. To come out from behind the mask, to be unafraid of the judgment of others

Hence my dilemma:

Do I let my friends know about this blog?
If I do I’m afraid I’ll feel compelled to censor myself, to fit the mould they’re used to. I’m afraid I’ll be incapable of honesty. I don’t want to write with my audience in mind. I want to write driven only by my own voice.

Or do I retain my anonymity and leave it to strangers if and when they do visit?

Either way I go, I have this uncanny feeling both paths are mired with pitfalls.

2 comments:

Dalynne said...

Glad that you've made the first step..keep up the good work!

lynne

NQ said...

lynne,

with ur support sure wan lah..TQ!!