Wednesday, December 14, 2005

For Smiles: What to do in KL when your boyfriend forces you to drive down with him.

Disclaimer: I'm not an original KL-ite leh, so don’t take my word as the gospel truth.

But I'll try anyway.

Shopping:
For a conventional mall I usually go to 1Utama which is pretty huge after the extension. For a less conventional mall with a laidback airy (read: less crowded since it's small and therefore not worth the time to most hardcore shoppers) feel and lots of food choices, I like The Curve in Mutiara Damansara (opp IKEA, further down past 1U). If you go there, check out this little clothes shop 'Tribeca' that I absolutely love.
For casual 'happening' clothes (they get their merchandise from Bangkok, Hong Kong etc) I've been patronising boutiques like Cat's Whiskers, Blook and others in the vicinity of Sri Hartamas, where there's passable food and pubs as well for you to check out.
If you’ve noticed, all these places are in PJ as I rarely go down to KL for shopping. The Golden Triangle: Bukit Bintang/Sg. Wang area, gives me a major headache as I find the crowds too stifling and disorientating.

Nightlife:
Heh. I've stopped clubbing for quite a while now. Let's just say I lost my stomach for it (and no, it has nothing to do with alcohol which come to think of it, I probably love more than ever!) I do sort of miss the dancing though *big sigh*. Anyway this means I'm pretty outdated knowing the high turnover in the clubbing scene here in KL (and in Spore too?). Hm.
I'd advise you to give Bangsar's Telawi a miss if you want a more happening night out and head into KL instead. I used to go to Passion and Poppy Garden on Jln Sultan Ismail. There's also the Asian Heritage Row, next to Sheraton Imperial KL, with a few clubs. I've heard Luna Bar in Menara Pan Global is pretty cool too with a fantastic view as it's on a high floor.

I can't seem to think of anything else tourist-y to do in KL...sad isn't it?

PS: I love the Christmas decorations at the Centre Court in MidValley ;)
Suria KLCC on the other hand has some sorry excuse for decorations this year. It looks like the artist department couldn't decide on a theme and therefore combined Hari Raya, Chinese New Year, Deepavali and Christmas elements into some cost saving ugly contraptions. Well that was last week anyway, hopefully they've done something better by now.

Here’s hoping you have a fun trip down here ;)

3 comments:

mae said...

wow..
that's really sweet

a whole entry for me!
-squeals-

haha.. thanx dear. i hope i'll hv fun too

mae said...

oh.. and dun worry about the clubbing. they'll know where to go

NQ said...

I aim to please ;)

Or as a friend likes to say: "Your happiness is my happiness"