Sunday, February 05, 2006

Not Myself

Suppose I said

I am on my best behaviour

And there are times

I lose my worried mind

Would you want me when

I’m not myself

Wait it out while I am someone else?

Suppose I said

Colours change for no good reason

And words will go

From poetry to prose

Would you want me when

I’m not myself

Wait it out while I am someone else?

And I, in time, will come around

I always do for you

Suppose I said

You’re my saving grace

John Mayer, Album: Room for Squares

As some are aware, I can’t write poetry to save my life, so sometimes it’s a relief to let someone else do the expressing for you. I stumbled on this and it is so apt, it’s uncanny: every single word dear.

4 comments:

mae said...

i was just thinking that u write nice poetry..

;p

i dunno why i cant write long poems.. for the life of me. but if you see short snippets without any author's name.. then they are mine.

mae said...

and really.. DM is right. i swear i left a comment in ur previous post.. but why doesn't it show up?

NQ said...

Would you re-comment please, please please? Heh, if you dont mind..

Blogger has been having problems these past few days, so I think I've lost the comments, and I didnt even get to read them first! :(

(And thanks, but really I think I suck quite a bit at it. Someone once told me that I write better prose than poetry so maybe that's made me a little touchy on the subject, heh heh.)

mae said...

i wouldn't mind sweetie.. but i really forgot what i wrote.. sorree!