Thursday, February 02, 2006

Post Celebration Joy

First day back to work after CNY and feeling good even though I’ve had less days off than most people this time round. There’s something about a pleasant drive thru empty streets the morning after a good night’s sleep following a good talk with the darling-est person, that puts a smile on my face, a sparkle in my eye and an unusual cheeriness in temperament.

Back to CNY, it is with great disappointment that I find the haul getting less and less each year. It’s either the relatives go into hiding from you when the time comes around or they grumpily hold a grudge against you illustrated by the less than generous angpows, because they still have to follow the dictates of tradition by doling out cash to you even though you’re as big (and possibly older) than most hippopotamuses now. Bah!

.

.

Now back to work, and the office is so nice and quiet too. I like. ;)

2 comments:

mae said...

tell me about it loh.. i got 3 ang baos.. 50 bucks

:'(

NQ said...

I think I received 5 angpows, and it's the same total you got except in RM! Sheesh!!!