Monday, April 10, 2006

Work

It’s been a slow week and this marks the first time I’ve ever seen my calendar scarcely populated since I started work here about a month plus ago. And even though I’ve worked late a few times this week, it was to do re-work on past proposals, nothing new and exciting. In a way it’s been a good break from the usual hectic schedule. It’s given me the opportunity to hang out a little and get to know the new colleagues. They’re an amiable bunch. I foresee good working relationships being formed.

Work-wise, it’s been a pretty steep learning curve. Most of what I’m being thrown into now is completely new to me. It’s both good and bad. Good because the room to grow is virtually limitless and bad because often it can be so overwhelming sometimes that I end up feeling like a drowned rat (and often end up looking like one too!).

But at least I know I don’t regret anything, and that is enough for now.

Update: That was written sometime late last week. As of now, work has piled up with several looming deadlines in the near horizon. That’s how quick things change. And even though I won’t be back to work till Wednesday, the thought of checking my email & calendar when I do, makes me shudder.

No comments: