Monday, April 17, 2006

It's the little things that count

I spilled my coffee this morning, on the table and a little on myself. Is it serendipity that I wore dark today? Fortunately my reaction was an audible ‘Oh shit” instead of “Oh fuck!” (No, I’m not repressed, there’s just a certain appropriateness of time and place to follow). My neighbour turned around and said with a straight face, “Jackie, do you need a bib?”

That made me laugh and laugh before I answered with a resounding “Yes!” For all her flaws that girl sometimes has spot on humour.

So I hurried to the bathroom, to clean up the mess. I took one long look at myself, heaved many sighs and it dawned on me what my response should have been:

“I don’t need a bib, I need a bed and the rest of the week off”

The thing about working with sales people is that while they’re not the most hardworking of people, their social skills livens the environment and lifts the stress every now and then.

Strangely though, now I feel ready to face the week ahead.

I hope it lasts.

(In case you didn’t get it, the thing that counts is laughter)


3 comments:

mae said...

if it makes you feel any better.. i had a day where i spilt coffee on a white blouse.. then just after i managed to wash it off, my fren splashed ribena on my front.

NQ said...

ahaha...talk about when it rains eh? :P

mae said...

yea. pours

the worst part was.. the ribena made polka dots on my blouse

like it has to be bad AND corny