Monday, July 03, 2006

It’s raining, quite heavily. Astro’s out as is usual, not like I was watching it anyway, just had it on mute, flickering at me so as not to disturb a certain slumbering someone. It’s past 12 midnight which means essentially it’s Monday already. Hm, don’t feel blue yet, that’s good I suppose.

I was just thinking of how bored I always feel. Nothing seems to interest me very much. Life just seems to plod on at a sedate pace with nothing but drab scenery all around. Whenever I dwell on it for even a short period of time it’s enough to set of an extended round of moodiness and depression. Conjuring things to look forward to does help to an extent of making the drudgery more bearable but it’s just a temporary means.

I want a passion that lasts, an interest that sustains. I guess it’s the cliché of wanting to find meaning, a reason for continuing to live, a purpose. Without it, everything seems so trivial, so unnecessary, such a complete and utter waste of time. And all the while time just slips by unchecked. I dare not think about a future filled with this never-ending emptiness.

There has to be something more than this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm rubbing off on you, aren't I sweetie? :P

But where you're still wrangling with the fact that life is meaningless, I've come to understand that it is pointless to dwell on an answer that is unquestionable (not a question that is unanswerable).

My solution is distraction, about accepting the fact that - even though the destination seems to stretch far into oblivion or into some vague greyness, we might as well enjoy the ride. Find our ways to preoccupy ourselves. The only reason why you haven't found anything to do is because you're not at that realisation yet.

But don't worry sweetie, you will be fine. :)

caffeinated said...

yeah i know how u feel jackie. I can't believe Brazil is out either! :)

NQ said...

Naw hun, I've been doing it all by myself way before you came along ;) and there's nothing coincidental about it, or us.

I'm still mulling over what you've said. See! You should have been awake to talk to me...

(and about the unquestionable/question or unanswerable/answer or, or, umm.. you lost me at un- :P)

NQ said...

Wabbit ah,

How to be sad? I won on France.... ;)

(ho! ho! ho! all the way to the bank...now if it'd only been more than 10 bucks...)