Tuesday, June 27, 2006

My kind of woman

There’s this woman where I work who wears brightly coloured brassieres under white shirts. Today it’s electric pink. Hm. Is she just clueless or is this what unattractive women do to attract attention? And she’s not the only one here. Inappropriately short skirts, low cut tops with unsupported jingling boobs (they bounce in step with her stamping feet: her usual mode of ‘walking’), loud brash voices and garish make-up are some of the other attention-grabbing gimmicks they employ.

Oh, they certainly get the attention they seek, but none of it is complimentary, and much of it falls under the category of ‘crude’. I should know, I’ve had to listen to the guys commenting while I remained neutral and tried not to wince. Perhaps these women should realize that overt, in-your-face posturing is just terribly unattractive and completely tasteless. Wouldn’t they rather be on the receiving end of admiration and regard? And I mean this in both the professional sense as well as in personal appearance.

My kind of woman would be unusual in appearance, unique, none of that conventional beauty for me. She’d be attractive but unselfconsciously so. She doesn’t try too hard and she doesn’t have to. She’d exude a quiet intelligence, evident in her eyes (sparkling bright) and her manner, collected and reserved. Her laugh is easy and her wit sharp. A genuine person with no hidden agenda’s but yet intriguingly mysterious all the same. She is her own person, a person that is, after my own heart.

And she doesn’t exist! More’s the pity.

No comments: