Thursday, November 23, 2006

Propositioned

This almost slipped my mind.

While in a meeting yesterday with a software distributor ours, I was propositioned.

No, not in that way.

My colleague had walked out for a few minutes leaving me alone with our guests. The General Manager whom I was just meeting for the first time asked me a few questions about my job and experience and then proceeded to ask me if I knew of anyone looking for jobs since they’re hiring for all levels and across the board. He then proceeded to say “Well, however if you were to call me up and ask for a position, I wouldn’t say no”. I must have looked a bit startled because he hastily added that he’d experienced other associated companies pinching employees behind his back, so he might as well be upfront about it. So with sheepish laughter all round and a few non-committal comments, I managed to avoid answering.

I’m still surprised, but it’s easily brushed aside, not because I think he wasn’t serious but because I’m not interested at the moment. But it’s nice anyway to be propositioned. Now where was he when I was desperately looking for a job?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Waaaaa..that's cool! I need head hunters as well..