Thursday, January 25, 2007

Excerpts

First thing in the morning…

Colleague: “Why do you look so elegant today?”

Me: “Heh. You shouldn’t be surprised, I look ‘elegant’ everyday!”

Colleague: “No-oo, you sometimes dress quite casually actually”

Me: “*pauses*…Well, those are the days when I get up on the wrong side of bed”

(Smart-ass) Colleague: “Then you must get up on the wrong side of bed all the time!”

Me: (>_<)!!!!

****

A little later in the afternoon, an unexpected brush with the past…

Ex-Customer of Ex-company: “I thought you looked familiar! When did you join Company XXX?”

Me: “Oh, almost a year ago”

Ex-Customer of Ex-company: “So how has it been so far?”

Me: “Good, good” (Boss standing within earshot, an affirmative answer was required.)

Ex-Customer of Ex-company: “Must be, I see you’re glowing!”

Me: (^_^)!!!

***

I went swimming after work with my ex-colleague yesterday. Based on my calculations, it’s been almost 2 years since I last wore my swimsuit, and that was when I went diving. I’m glad it still fits, though it seems to have to stretch more to accommodate me! ;)

No comments: