Monday, January 08, 2007

Solitude is required for creativity (well at least for me)

Bran knows how disturbing and distracting I find places with many noisy people and other clamoring sounds to be. He on the other hand can shut it all out (or should I say embraces and becomes one with it :) and carry on peacefully. It’s quite a talent. I usually just end up glaring at people which doesn’t get me anywhere since everyone’s too busy talking to notice! And even if they did, they’d probably insist it’s their God-given right to contribute to sound pollution.

***

I’m getting dreamier these days. I tend to wander off regardless of whether I’m alone or in the company of others. In fact I’m getting more and more anti-social as well, preferring the company of my own thoughts (or the blissful lack of them) while I’m sitting in the middle of full on chattering amongst the colleagues. I wonder idly that they might think I’m to quiet when in fact I just don’t feel compelled to make the effort to participate. However methinks that I really should make more of an effort if only to conform socially especially in the work environment. Being a social outcast can’t possibly enhance my career advancement. Hm. What a bother.

Laugh, smile, grin, talk, feign interest. I need to be better at faking.

No comments: