Sunday, July 22, 2007

M.I.A.

I know. I missed two days. Some days the act of opening the laptop, switching it on, connecting to the net, composing a post then waiting for Blogger to load in order to upload just seems too arduous a task to undertake.

Babysat the parents today, doing all the things I have very little patience for, namely visiting the relatives. Them with the same old questions and false smiles and gestures of affection. I always wonder, with all the history of animosity and bad blood between some of them, how they are able to come together and pretend everything is fine. I find it hypocritical and unhealthy, all this feigning goodwill and making a show of stifling irreconcilable differences. Where are the brush off’s and the refusing to speak to each other and cursing each other to hell? Where’s that familial spirit?

Anyway, ended up with an eye ache for good measure. I used to think that my frequent eye aches were brought on by heat or as the doctors like to say, staring at the PC for too long. So how do you explain it away when it’s been raining the whole day and I haven’t even glanced in the general direction of a PC until now?

I’m listening obsessively to My Chemical Romance these days. My colleague calls it ‘emo-rock’, apparently a sub-genre of rock that I hadn’t heard of before. I’m either so out of it or he’s pulling my leg. Like all music I take a shine to, I’ll be listening to them till I get sick, but in the meantime, it’s pretty good stuff.

PS: I surprise myself by actually having a lot of things to say. I’ve stored them up carefully in my brain and maybe (hopefully) will have the time and inclination to write them down one of these days.

Till then.

No comments: