Tuesday, July 17, 2007

..you give me fever

Fever’s dissipated a little. Feeling drowsy after the banana leaf lunch I happily gobbled down in attempt to eradicate the bitter taste of medicine from my mouth.

It’s the lunch time still that descends in the office only experienced by the few that lunch outside the official lunch hour. Taking liberties? Well, if no one stops us and works get done anyway, there’s no cause for anyone to complain.

Work’s somewhat slow. I’m scheduled to help out for five days at a customer site, however I use the term ‘scheduled’ loosely here because if things had been on schedule, I’d already be working there now. As things go we have yet to start (their bureaucratic red tape keeping us at bay) and I probably will not be able to allocate five days of my time to them as I will be away for training next week.

So I’m left restless at the moment. Was actually looking forward to the unexpected repetitive, tedious work in store for me; anything that gets me out of the office and affords me the luxury of just ‘doing’ instead of ‘thinking’ and all the things I’m used to. I’ve always thought that I’d be content with that kind of job; working as a cashier or as a photocopy girl for example. Now if only it paid fantastically well, had great career prospects and commanded an enviable level of respect. Sigh.

No comments: