Wednesday, July 06, 2005

A change would do me good

I woke up this morning with one clear thought in my head “I need to get a new job”.
I need, I must, I have to.

Things are going ok for me. Maybe I could go so far as to say most aspects of my life are in order (eventhough more money would be nice). But now with soo much free time on my hands (why in the world do you think I can get away with writing during office hours??!!) there’s nothing left to do but think. So I think-ed and thunk-ed till I reached this early morning’s epiphany. Which I know isn’t soo significant cause I’ve been saying it for years. (CL stop rolling your eyes)

So anyway, I get my awe-inspiring epiphany and what’s the first thing I do?
.
.
.
I blog. Sometimes my sheer brilliance astounds me.

So what am I doing now?
Continuing to blog.
*slaps forehead and tries to strangle self*
Some people are too dumb or too stubborn to learn lessons they try to teach themselves.

Change is scary. And I am scared I might actually succeed.

Parking is soo easy here (can you imagine? Even something as mundane as parking can hold me back), it’s close to where I stay, the drive is easy, and I have earned enough respect from my colleagues and superiors to have my opinions heard and (at times) heeded. In fact I’m soo firmly entrenched here that I blend in with the damn furniture.

I won’t go into why I want, need, have to, leave. I’ve recited the reasons soo many times to myself that I can say them in my sleep and I’m sick of it.

So I have this voice in my head that goes “I must, I must, I must” with varying degrees of intensity depending on how crappy my day was. I’m hoping one day (today?) it will get loud enough that I’m driven to actually do something about it.

*deep shaky breath*

Now where’s my headhunter’s phone number?

3 comments:

Dalynne said...

ARghhh..we're in the same boat mate! I desperately need to change my job. It's like I'm just so used/bored with the everything. A change would do me good lor..Sigh..this is certainly a no good sign..and I shall start sending my CVs again. Anyone out there wanna hire me?!

lynne

NQ said...

It's not the best reason ever for leaving but being "bored" is at least the truth and at most, one hell of a motivating factor! Take care & good luck buddy!

Anonymous said...

i really could relate to what ur saying, i'm too in that situation, know what i should do, but there is always something that holds me back....