Friday, November 18, 2005

Home

I’m heading home today, and I’m looking forward to it, a slight surprise considering all that’s going on. And as I gently tear myself away, I know I will miss and be missed and what a balm that is.

I haven’t been back in a while (long by my standards alone) and home is a place that has usually been somewhat of a refuge, not always though, but mostly and especially when I have needed it. It’s the ease of slipping into the calm quietness of routine, normality and laidback-ness that soothes the soul.

The Parents too in their own way miss me enough to be sweet and doting to the daughter who, in times like these, finds it easy to behave. And since I’m going back alone this time, it’ll be even more peaceful. Something I will savour seeing as the next time I return it’ll be to the nightmare of whirlwind activities and frayed nerves that is every Christmas.

And yes, I’m overly sentimental, but that’s just me.

5 comments:

mae said...

ooh.. he makes it okae? good for u dear

so where've u been then?

Anonymous said...

Sentimentality isn't a weakness. :)

NQ said...

Smiles,
Balik kampung to Ipoh ;)

Bran,
That's right, it's just the way I am.

Dalynne said...

Yupe..going home makes me feel good too..it's like I can 'hide' under my parents' wings for a while..and no worries bout hunting for food, doing laundry cause it'll be well taken care off.

lynne

NQ said...

lynne,
is that all ypur parents are good for? laundry and food? heh, kidding ;)
Yeah, it's like being a little child again no matter how big a hippopotamus you are now.