Thursday, May 18, 2006

Feeling blah

I sit here (im)patiently waiting for him to return and gnawing at my lip trying to think of something to write.

I think I need to be much more careful with work matters. No, I don’t think, I have to. It’s just so easy to slip into apathy and disinterest when there are no pressing deadlines as motivating factors. That and the little persistent voice at the back of my head that says “this can’t be it forever and ever”.

In other news, am going back home this weekend, something I haven’t done for the longest time for personal reasons I’m well acquainted with. I’m not looking forward to it because I already know that it is going to be an exhausting exercise in damage control. I can also predict that I will be losing my temper and cool before long. It’s the result of thinking/hoping/wishing that the world could revolve only around the two of us. That’s not true for me though, the outside world intrudes and makes demands. And the result? Alternating guilt and anger.

There has to be something to look forward to. Hm. A sweet chocolate-y dessert should be an effective stopgap measure :P

(Hurry up hun! ;)

5 comments:

mae said...

u dun live with ur parents?

how cool!
why eh?

NQ said...

I'm in KL and they're back in Ipoh. Haven't lived at home for the past 8 years.

Anonymous said...

The Bakerzin desserts trumped the cakes from Coffee Bean hands down, didn't it sweetie?

NQ said...

Yes hun, it's fast becoming our favourite yeah? (let's try having a proper meal there sometime :P)

Anonymous said...

Please remember to remind me. :P