Monday, August 29, 2005

Things you really did not need to know about me

1. Top on my list of dubious abilities is epic yawning. I’ve been nicknamed “hippopotamus” and I proudly live up to it.

2. The Sis says I’ll never get a boyfriend because of (1). I have yet to prove her wrong. (Surely there must be a man out there who thinks prolific yawning is a lovable trait in a partner…. No? Well, bloody ‘ell!!)

3. I have been trapped in lifts twice.

4. I am claustrophobic.

5. Hence when (3) happened (4) ensured that I experienced my 1st panic attack.

6. It was during (5) that my crazy friends introduced me to Crayon Sin Chan. It made me laugh and calmed me down. Now I’m forever indebted to that pint-sized flasher.

7. “Drama in Real Life” from Reader’s Digest issues in the 60’s and 70’s is the cause of my fear of lightning.

8. As it is I am also wary of electrical appliances for fear of being electrocuted.

9. And I stay as far away from microwaves as possible and use them only when absolutely necessary. I always think they are going to explode at the slightest provocation.

10. I graduated top of my class. Dad cried at my graduation. I was too shocked to react.

11. I love trains. I find them endlessly romantic. My dream is to ride a steam engine winding through the Himalayas.

12. My maternal grandfather was a stationmaster. I wish I’d been born before he retired.

13. Mum has 14 brothers and sisters, Dad has 8. This is always an impressive fact to be trotted out at dull parties. It would be even more impressive if I could remember all their names….

14. I dislike (most of) my relatives. They think me anti-social and dislike me with equal vigour.

15. There are 2 genres of books that I like: humour & horror. Other than both starting with the letter ‘h’, they are polar opposites. I am unsure what this says about me.

16. In Form 6 I was entrusted to the care of 2 white mice being fattened up for the dissection table. Over the course of a weekend in my care, they died. I think their kindred have been hounding me ever since. Proof!

17. I became an aunt at the age of 16. 10 years have passed and I’m still trying to get the hang of it.

18. I am an occasional clairvoyant and it scares me. I believe that when the time comes I will be able to predict when people closest to me will die.

19. I religiously switch off my handphone at midnight everyday. I have learnt that when the phone rings in the wee hours of the morning, it can only mean bad news.

20. I love X-Files. ‘nuff said.

21. I think Exorcist is the best horror movie ever made. Everything before and after is total crap.

22. My secret burning ambition was to be a Jedi Knight. I think it still is!

23. I obtained my driving license at the age of 18 and promptly stopped driving for 8 years. I’ve begun again this year but still cannot drive a manual.

24. One unexpected side effect of driving is my growing ability to cuss fluently. I am inordinately proud of this modest achievement.

25. I’ve eaten assorted bugs before. They were not tasty. Perhaps they needed more salt.

26. I am the perfect candidate for Fear Factor. Unfortunately the fear of answering inch-thick entry application questionnaires defeated me.

27. My aversion to taugeh (bean sprouts) is legendary. I have tried unsuccessfully to convince people that I’m allergic to it.

Lastly, this is by no means an exhaustive list. And neither do I guarantee that the above will remain true as time goes by. As such I will update and revise this list as an when…..I feel like it. Hah!


3 comments:

Dalynne said...

Hey..I didn't know that you're a clairvoyant and so many things out of the list! Cheh..thought that I know you weell..

Think the point no 10 is cool..never seen my dad tears before.

NQ said...

Hmm...so when are YOU going to make a list and check it twice?

Anonymous said...

You now have a fan!