Tuesday, September 20, 2005

All Boozed Up and Puked Out

Any wedding that begins with you and your friends arriving 1 hr late even after a frenzied rush to the venue and ends with the bride’s rowdy shouting of “Where’s my drink??...hic!” has got to be an unqualified success.

Attended what must have been The Malaccan society wedding of the year and had the good(bad?) fortune to grab latecomers seats at the “happy” table. One can easily foresee the fun night ahead when the blokes at your table have tomato-red faces even before the 1st course! Naturally most of us closet alcoholics quickly disintegrated from pleasantly contented to maniacally ecstatic no thanks to the open bar strategically situated right behind us. I still have no idea how much of the bar came to be transplanted onto our table. It was all a blur of glasses chinking, flowing amber gold liquid and muffled cries of “Yuuuuuuuuuum Seeeeeeeeeeng!!!!” & “Bottoms Up!”.

You know there’s nothing like an alcohol induced exuberance to have complete strangers fall into each others arms weeping with joy like long lost siblings. I mean, who cares if you don’t even know each others last names? Does it even matter if no one has anyone else’s handphone numbers by the end of the night?

Yes it was a damn good wedding, and S & S, we shall always fondly remember it as the one that had the most people puking to glory…Congratulations you two!


PS: How is it possible that mushrooms ingested in Melaka can emerge glisteningly whole and completely undigested, 3 hours later in KL? Ah, one of life’s many mysteries I guess…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hear, hear for drunken weddings!

And mushrooms back from the jaws of certain death! Poor things must be traumatised.

Anonymous said...

i want my wedding to be like that!

NQ said...

Bran,

The mushrooms traumatized?? what about me? I shld be worried that my stomach is rejecting perfectly good food!

DM,
Ok-lah I invite u to my wedding ;-))

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHHAHAA:)

Anonymous said...

I think it was confused by the alcohol. Your stomach that is.