Thursday, September 22, 2005

The World: It is too small!

It’s shocking how easy it is to put two and two together and discover that you know the person whose blog you’re reading.

So far I’ve found the best friend of my sis ex-bf (who btw also has an empty blog – the lucky devil), a friend of a friend of a friend (yeah it’s complicated) and an ex-colleague (sort of, worked with a sister company, exchanged like one sentence with eons ago).

It’s just too easy. I’ve never even met most of these people before, but with what scant information I know about them it’s a breeze connecting the dots.

So this begs the question: How long before someone who knows me, finds me? How does one go about ensuring enduring anonymity?

Why do I even insist upon anonymity in the first place?
Simple. I’m extremely anal about privacy. I’d hate to move or shut down because I’ve been found out.

First off I probably need to lose the nick, it’s a dead giveaway. Bugger.
.
.
.
.
.
Oh, what the hell! I’ll risk it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huzzah!

Just so you know, I don't know anyone named Jackie, if it has something to do with your real name, not even remotely.

I haven't so far come across anyone I know personally - except via Friendster.

mae said...

lol.. yes. if you use ur real name, it's prob a dead giveaway..

my fren's bf found me. even tho i use initials for all my fren's names.

Anonymous said...

naw, initials are no good... i've lost count of the number of people i found out going by the initial sthey used on their blogs!