Monday, September 19, 2005

It's their loss (?)

I need to get this off my chest before I write anything else otherwise it’ll be totally screwed up.

I’m reeling from the shock of not getting the job. No wait, more like shock from not even having been called for an interview.

How is this possible?

Was long-listed to attend an Assessment Test, but I told them since I had already sat for the test when I applied to their company the year before, perhaps they could check their records and get back to me. Which they never did do of course.

Now this is the part that I don’t understand. The previous year when I sat for the routine test, I was short listed and attended the first interview. The HR Manager calls me up after a long silence apologizes for the delay stating the company was in the midst of a mulling over a recruitment policy change and if I was still interested to come for a 2nd interview should it go favourably? I re-stated my interest and urged them to keep me updated. Which they never did do naturally.

So now this: being unceremoniously booted out without even being given a chance to be interviewed.

At times like these it’s nice to console yourself and go, “It’s their loss, it’s their loss”.

But funny how I’m the one who ends up feeling the pain right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can never really trust HR people to be competent, or some measure of which. On the other hand, maybe you shouldn't have given them the chance...

NQ said...

bran,

What can I say? desperate people grope for whatever morsels that come our way...

Whatever, bygones. On to the next!