Monday, September 19, 2005

Can someone invent this already?

Don’t you wish sometimes you had some kind of machine that converts thoughts to words on paper? It should work like some sort of an internal thought transcriber.

I mean it’s bound to be damn useful in inconvenient situations when you’re mind is going furiously but:
1. You’re having a particularly trying time locked in the toilet or
2. When an almost super human effort to retain your fleeting thoughts caused you to absent mindedly try to brush your teeth with hair conditioner (don’t even ask…).

How many times have you come up with the wittiest commentaries while flat on your back after lights out and with the light switch way over there? I have found that by the time I actually decide my thoughts are too brilliant to be entrusted to my increasingly unreliable memory, drag myself out of bed to trudge all the way across the room and switch on the lights, rummage for a notepad, scramble for a pen and finally sit back down comfortably, I will invariably realize that I can no longer recapture that kick-ass turn of phrase.

And like all kick-ass turns of phrases, it will remain elusive until the next such time you so happen to be inconvenienced yet again, like while stuck in an endless traffic jam with not a scrap of paper within sight and a totally dead cell phone so you can’t even painstakingly type it out word for word.

All I’m saying is, the moment someone invents this machine, I sure as hell will be the first in line.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. That heat of the moment absolute diamond of an idea and you promise to remember to write it down and you don't even remember you promised to remember to write it down.

But seriously, was the hair conditioner any good?

mae said...

haha.. i want that kinda machine too. to write my research papers.

other than that, i think the mms/sms function on the phone comes in very handy. i use it even when i'm travelling.

NQ said...

Totoro,

yah, yah, yah...laugh it up funnyman, "Your Hands" konon...ceh!

Bran,

*shows off sparkling set of gnashers* and I've sweared by it ever since...

Smiles,

Eh, but battery dead how lah?