Thursday, October 27, 2005

Turbulence

It's a gift and curse. I can always read people.

And when you say "I trust even you don’t want to know.." I get the distinct impression (in fact I’m bloody fucking sure) that, that is precisely what you want me to do: to want to know.

I'm divided. On one hand, as a friend, I'd like to help, to listen. But on the other, aware of the circumstances, I don't want to get involved, to avoid the complications just waiting on the sidelines to happen.

Damn. I’ve been in this situation before. The other one ended badly, for me. But this time there’s soo much more to lose and I’m not just talking about our friendship.

Why am I a magnet for people in throes of trouble?
Do I look like the Dalai Lama or something?
Why is it, even though they know that I’m the last person they should be asking, they still throw caution and propriety to the wind and do just that?

Desperation? No one else to turn to? I know, I know damnit.
That’s why I’m soo divided. Because I’m afraid, if not for me, then you would have no one else.

PS: For the sake of peace and calm I must say (though I’d really rather I didn’t have to) that this post is absolutely NOT about anyone who visits this space.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Details, details. I'll remember to ask you about it.

ps. It never crossed this visitor's mind so you didn't have to.

NQ said...

And I quote: "I'll be cryptic when I want to"

PS: It had to be done to cover all my bases.